POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : WinMegaPOV : WinMegaPOV Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  WinMegaPOV
From: Pabs
Date: 13 Jun 2000 02:25:10
Message: <3945D3F5.179B33A2@hotmail.com>
I posted this in p.w with no replies & was instructed that it was
inappropriate for that group so I cancelled it and reposted here...

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but in WinMegaPOV (several
versions) the "Auto-Load Error file" option does not work at all
The difference between wmp & pov-official seems to be in the function
Where_Error in tokenize.c
The official version of this function (in the windows src archive
anyway) calls WIN_WhereError as follows (the comment is present too)
just before exiting

  // CJC
  WIN_WhereError (Token.Filename, Token.Token_Line_No+1, Echo_Ptr,
Echo_Indx, Token.Token_String) ;

The call is after the following line (in the function Where_Error)

  Error_Line("\n%s:%d: error: ", Token.Filename, Token.Token_Line_No+1);

I am not sure if other platform specific versions of WIN_WhereError
exist (none in the dos src - maybe there is one in the mac/other gui
src) and if they do perhaps a define of WHERE_ERROR could be used in
config.h to determine the correct one for the specific platform (just
like other platform specific functions) and in tokenize.c do
#ifndef WHERE_ERROR
#define WHERE_ERROR(a,b,c,d,e) WIN_WhereError(a,b,c,d,e)
#endif
so that compile errors do not occur when the specific platform does not
have its own version of this function
--
Bye
Pabs